Solid-Link Consulting- Privacy Statement
Solid-Link Consulting is an organisation which was founded in 2017 to recruit students internationally for placements into colleges and third level institutions overseas.
The purpose of the Solid-Link Consulting is to recruit and place students in colleges and institute of higher education and to do this in an efficient and fair manner.
The Solid-Link Consulting does not make decisions on admissions. Decisions on admission lie solely with individual schools.
This statement relates to the privacy practices in connection with the website and other practices of Solid-Link Consulting. Links to other websites from our website are clearly identifiable as such. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
The Solid-Link Consulting respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on this website or via email without your permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Solid-Link Consulting will make no attempt to identify individual visitors to our website, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of the Solid-Link Consulting never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law.
Your rights under GDPR
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) protects European Union data subjects’ fundamental right to privacy and the protection of personal data. It introduces robust requirements that raise and harmonize standards for data protection, security, and compliance. Solid-Link Consulting processes data from subjects both within the EU and outside it. While GDPR may not apply to applicants, who reside outside of this jurisdiction, Solid-Link Consulting nevertheless will endeavour to provide the same level of security and compliance regardless of your location. The following are your rights under GDPR:
Website: www.solidlinkco.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/solidlinkco
Who is Collecting the Data?
The Controller for the data provided by you is the Solid-Link Consulting and any Education Institution whose course you wish to apply to. Solid-Link Consulting has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). He can be contacted directly via the data protection officer email and/or by post. The DPO will provide you with the contact details of the DPO, where applicable, of an education institution.
Further contact details can found on our contact page.
What data is being collected?
Registration on the Solid-Link Consulting website and/or applying to a course may require the submission of personal data such as, but not limited to: Name, Addresses, Phone Numbers, Email, PPSN, Date of Birth, data page of passport, transcripts of academic certificates, etc.
Completing an application may require uploading or otherwise sending documents containing personal information such as, but limited to: Birth Certificates, Passports, Profile Photographs, Examination Results etc.
The application process may also require personal information about related third parties such referees.
Collection and use of technical information
- The IP address of the visitor’s web server
- The top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used.
- Clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pagesaccessed and documents downloaded)
- The type of web browser used by the website visitor
Solid-Link Consulting also make use of Google Tag Manager to send anonymous usage statistics to education institutions, about the pages that you visit and the actions you perform. This information is used for statistical and marketing purposes but is not personal in nature and does not impinge on your rights under GDPR.
What is the legal basis for processing the data and how will it be used?
Your data will be processed for the purpose of assessing applications to the education institutions. Once you are registered on the Solid-Link Consulting website or database via email, then Solid-Link Consulting will retain your information whether or not you apply for a course. Your data will also be accessible to HEIs that you apply to.
Where is data being stored and processed?
The processing of your data will take place in the offices of the Solid-Link Consulting, and an and any education institution that you apply to.
Website: www.solidlinkco.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/solidlinkco
Will the data be shared with any third parties?
The Solid-Link Consulting will transfer your personal data to other organisations. These transfers are normally required for the purpose of making applications for you into education institutions of your choice. The exact nature and purpose of these transfers will be listed on the Solid-Link Consulting website.
How long will the data be stored for?
Once registered on our website or with us, your data will be normally stored for up to 5 years. This duration is chosen to allow for an applicant to apply for, and complete, a standard-length undergraduate programme and postgraduate course, and subsequently apply for another without the need to re-register on the site which could normally hinder or cause delay to subsequent application processing and management. In the case that you apply to a course then the Solid-Link Consulting will keep the data for up to 3 years from the last date of either application, acceptance of offer, or other decision action such as withdrawal or deferral. Please note that these actions may be requested by you or by the education institution on your behalf with your agreement. In the case of an applicant applying to the Professional Master of Education (PME), personal will be kept indefinitely. This is done to allow for scrutiny or legal challenges to an applicant’s eligibility as per the requirements set down by the teaching council. In the case of technical information such data will also be stored for 3 years.
What rights does the data subject have?
The following are your rights under the regulations:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you in accordance with Section 86 of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right of portability – subject to certain restrictions, you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation where we hold it in electronic form. This right of data portability applies to: (i) personal data that we process automatically (i.e. without any human intervention); (ii) personal data provided by you; and (iii) personal data that we process based on your consent or in order to fulfil a contract.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
How do I raise a request or a complaint?
Requests can be directed to the Solid-Link Consulting contact points listed in this Statement. They will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.